Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Why do bad things happen to good people?

On day last week I read an article that the local newpaper had in it. Yes, I know, I never read the paper, but there was something in the title that prompted my interest. "130-mile police chase ends in murder and suicide for 2 brothers". That struck me very odd. I know TPD has a "no pursuit policy" when it comes to chasing the bad guy, so I wanted to find out what was the reason behind this chase. I read the article and there was a name that I knew, a name from my past. Willard Twiggs. I lived down the street from a guy with that name. It's not a very common name. I thought briefly... "I wonder if this is Willard from home?" I went on about my day and never thought about the article again. That was until yesterday... While driving Sydney to school, Mom called and told me she had just forwarded me an email from a lady from back home (Ama). It was about Willard & Travis Twiggs. I nearly drove the car off the road. That article came rushing back into my mind. "Oh my God... Mom, I know what you are talking about. I read an article last week about them". I could not, and still do not believe that this happened. I mean, really! I grew up down the street from them. Their parents still live in Ama on Ellen St. After doing a google search to read more, I was so heartbroken. How could this happen??? His parents, Nancy & Douglas, will never know why this happened. How sad a time for them all. My heart was so heavy with shock & sadness yesterday.

I can only say that, regardless of the reasons the war was started, or who you think is the reason behind it, our troops and their family need the support from every US citizen. No matter what...

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

How incredibly sad. And what a small world that you'd read about a former neighbor in Arizona.

Shelley said...

How awful. I feel so sorry for their family. I know that really hits home, literally.