Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our New Neighbor

While outside this afternoon, I noticed a little hummingbird buzzing around in the tree up front. I've always loved watching them zoom around, but was AMAZED when I saw where "she" was going. Right before my eye - right into a nest! That's right... we are the proud neighbor of a hummingbird family. Let's not forget the 4 families of doves that set up shop in the backyard last Spring/Summer. I guess our house is the place to have little bird babies! My goal tomorrow - get pics of the nest. I'm insane enough to climb the ladder to get some pictures of what's in there. I hope to get luck & get at least one good shot of the egg(s). Check back tomorrow...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I dont think I've ever seen a real hummingbird and you go ahead and get a whole family of them. Well, I bet you don't have a family of geese. We did at work. And their poop. Ew. Although, the little guys (geese, not poop) were cuties for a few days.

Amy Anderson said...

Pics taken with the new camera? Nice!

Holly said...

Yeap... I'm starting to really love that camera!