Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm tired of being tired

Here comes my first rant.

I'm so beyond over it... you just don't know. This morning Ryan opted for a 3:30 wake up time. Yeap, I know, what an awful time. Did he go back to sleep? Not until 5:45, which was great until Ms. Sydney came into the room and requested to get in bed with us. That was a good idea for about 2 seconds...since he's a light sleeper when he's just fallen asleep. He started to move around and she pops up "Good Morning Ryan", which of course wakes him up again. ARGH...I could have killed her. So much for us getting anymore sleep. So, up again at 6:20. I'm guessing he realized how angry I was at Sydney because he decided to poop all over the place again. He's rolling around the floor naked as I type. When it rains, it pours here.

I think what really gets me is that I don't get a break from it all. I understand that being a "mom" you make all these sacrifices, but geez, throw me a bone! When I'm sick (like I have been for the last week), when my12 hour shift at worked ended up being 14 hours, when I've been up so many times in the night & can't think anymore, when I've run around all day - I still manage to do loads of laundry, feed two kids, attempt to keep the house clean, deal with fussy boy & frustrated girl, cook some kind of meal for Rick & I, attempt peeing & showering on a regular basis. This sucks... Our yards are a mess, the patio is a wreck, I have clothes to put away, playroom to clean, bathrooms to clean, vacuum again, clean the tile... it's never ending is it?

I could go on & on, but what good will it do. I'm hoping to kick this cold finally at some point this week. I'll get myself & my life organized at some point this week. Now that Ryan is requiring less of my time, but is getting mobile, my cleaning schedule needs to change to accommodate his venturing around. Blah blah blah... I'm over it.

3 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

This is why my house is always a mess. It's embarassing but something's gotta give.

Sarah said...

Um, yeah so between you and Amy (more you) I'm thinking I might just be content being a 1/2 mom to 3 kids and not worry about having any of my own. Now I see why people pay for a Nanny.

Anonymous said...

Something made me check out this blog your mom sent. Being in grad school for Theology, I'm guessing the Holy Spirit. That may make you not want to read further but He's been very present for me both raising my six and since.
None of this lasts long. I remember the humiliation of being wet on one knee, having puke down one shoulder and having a poopy diaper leak on the other leg, all at the doctor's office. It's all part of the package. No one worth knowing ever has anything but sympathy for the situation. After all you're raising our tomorrow. It's over in the blinking of an eye. God love you for caring for His little ones. Hilda