Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Night?

As usual, Ryan got his bottle and went to sleep around 8:30 last night. I got in bed not long after that. I checked on the little guy just before crawling into bed - passed out and snoozing good. Much to my surprise midnight got here - no sounds at all. Back to sleep... 2 am came around, nothing. 3 am, nothing. 4 am - thought might be a good idea to go see what's going on. As I peeked in on Sydney, I heard what I thought was a cough from Ryan. When I got into his room I noticed that the boy had not moved an inch from when I last saw him around 9 pm. WOW!!! So, back to bed I went. Knowing he'd be waking in an hour, I made his bottle, got my robe on, rearranged Sydney then waited. As I was lying in bed listening to the annoying hum of his monitor, I started to hear activity. Ryan was waking up, just like I knew he would. A few coughs, sneezes and toots...then the excitement started. Talking... yeap he was awake alright. So, off to his room to get him out of bed. He was just hanging out - playing with his paci & the crib toy. Scooped him up and brought him in here. He chugged his bottle, took a dump, puked a few times, cleaned out boogers, played with his balls while I changed his diaper and smiled all the while. Off to play he went. I got a load of laundry started - he started to freak. He was still tired... The story will end there because in the time it took to type this, he's fallen back to sleep on my lap. Today has started out good. Question is...will it stay that way??

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

What a great night...you deserved it!