Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thanks G--L / 25 Things


First, I have to thank Girl for the yummies she made for Ryan. I got them today and he LOVES them. Even Erika, he's girlfriend from next door, loves them. They were both pretending to eat the cookies. Sydney says "these are soooooooo cute!" I told Nancee that she's gotta check out the rest of Girl's great goodies! By the way - packaging is fantastic Girl.


Next: She tagged me.
Some of these are from my FB thing - modified or edited...

1. I have absolutely ZERO patience for stupidity or irresponsiblity.
2. I miss living and working in Houston. I left an amazing job and a good life to be out here with Rick. I think I could still name all of the people I used to work with.
3. I can't wait to travel the world - anyone up for a few trips? Indonesia is going to be one of my first stops. I miss my friend Stan. Thank God for FB.
4. People that manipulate, obsess, lie and pry - hate them.
5. Yes, I have no issue with using and saying I "hate" you/someone/something. Sometimes it's the only way to deal with it. And,yes, I know it's a "bad word."
6. My favorite movie(s) is My Fair Lady & Breakfast at Tiffany's. There's just something about Audrey Hepburn that is mesmerizing.
7. I just started to read books in the last couple of years. I still don't like doing it, but I know I should. I've really enjoyed the Harry Potter series.
8. I was suspended from middle school twice... don't ask! High school... once. Called the band director a dick-head and he heard me. Got an "in school suspension" for that one.
9. I battled severe PPD for over eight months before getting help. Looking back on it, it was a very dark time for me. Most people will never know the depths of the darkness. I keep the really nasty stuff to myself. The person I was before having Sydney is no longer around. I miss her sometimes, but am happy with who I am now.
10. Don't blame me for your inability to communicate. If you can't tell the truth, shut the hell up! Lies are always told and secrets are never really kept secret.
11. I grew up in a very small town outside of New Orleans. My childhood was fabulous. I miss my home. I was devastated when my parents moved and sold the house. I keep a jar of dirt from the backyard on my desk and look at it all the time. Thanks to Dad, I'll always have Ama with me. I cry thinking about it. I don't think I'll ever go back there again and that makes me sad.
12. I don't believe in soul mates. I also don't believe in love at first sight. What does that mean?
13. Disneyworld is the most magical place in the world. I look forward to taking the kids there with my parents, sister & her family.
14. I'm super excited about the Academy Awards tomorrow night. The part that sucks - never having seen any of the movies nominated. I seriously need to get out more.
15. My sister and mother both thought I was kidding when I told then I was pregnant with Sydney. Neither of them thought I would ever have kids. Oddly enough, I never really wanted to have children. Now that I have two, I love them both.
16. I don't like, nor have I ever liked, living in Arizona. The only good thing to come of it - friends. I have a group of ladies in my life that ROCK! And no humidity.
17. I had no issues with dying until I became a mother. I still don't have "issues", just don't want them to grow up without me around. I don't understand why some people have problems talking about dying - heeellllllooooo... we all have to do it!
18. Speaking of my two kids and dying... my kids are Arkansas bound if Rick & I kick the bucket. Thankfully Heather (sister) has a great big house lots of acres.
19. I used to love riding roller coasters. The faster & scarier the better... not so much now! I think my inner child ran away when I turned 21. Chickenshit.
20. I could eat gummy bears, sweet tarts or salt & vinegar potato chips until I was on the verge of vomiting. They are some of my favorite junk foods. I also can sit with a mason jar full of Jelly Belly's on my desk for weeks and never eat one. How retarded is that?
21. I am an organ donor. I've also had a Living Will since I was 18 years old. If you don't have a Living Will, get one! We, the medical profession, will do awful things to you if you don't have something in writing. And on that note - get a Medical Power of Attorney. Nancee, you will be updating my stuff as soon as you pass the AZ Bar.
22. My grandmother died several years ago. Her death caused my father to cry in front of me. That was heartbreaking. She was not a good grandmother the older I got. Children will always know how you really feel and what you really think of them. They hear and see everything. No child should ever feel like she made me feel.
23. I wish I remembered how to crochet. My grandmother (#22) taught me how as a very little girl. The only thing I wanted when she died was her set of crochet hooks. I can knit, but not brave enough to make anything that requires a stitch that's not a purl or knit. Lazyass.
24. Sydney and my dad are fishing buddies. It makes my heart smile to see them together sitting on the bank of his neighbor's pond with poles in the water. "Pops, can we go fish?"
25. My mother is brave, strong, kind, honest, demanding, generous, trustworthy, loving and the most outspoken person in the world. She is the perfect role model and I hope I am just like her. Don't cross her though... she may forgive but will never forget. I hope I make her proud!

2 comments:

Cherie said...

#8. Hey homeboy! LMAO!!!
What was the other one for? The mouthpieces in band? I don't remember that one. And I didn't know you got suspended for calling Rosie a dickhead! haha

Rick Radinsky said...

Umm...you are like your Mom, just fyi.