Monday, February 2, 2009

14 months


Ryan turns 14 months old tomorrow. He's becoming very chatty - not really saying many words, but jabbers all the time. My little man is curious, worse than George I think some days. He's found himself a new perch to sit on - the top of Sydney's old desk in the playroom. For some reason he's also become fond of her Dora kitchen and all her pretend food. He was walking around with a chef's knife and cutting board this afternoon. Still won't sit long enough to hear a quick story. Something will catch his eye or ear and off he goes. At least he's not chewing on the books anymore.

I'm pretty sure he will be right handed. Everything he does is with his right hand - picking up things, turning pages, stacking blocks, throwing a toy, waving "HI"... all with the right. Too bad, I was really hoping one of them would be left like me. While he was sick last week, he learned how to blow his nose. And yes, he actually does blow. He even will wipe his own snot-rockets with a kleenex.

Milk... finally got him on 100% whole milk. It took almost a month of mixing it with formula to finally get him converted. He still won't drink it straight from the fridge though, too cold. 30 secs in the microwave and he chugs it down. He's pretty much done with his paci during the day. He gets it at night just before going to sleep and the few times a night I check on him, he never has it in his mouth. I think we'll get rid of it after this month, or at least try to. We are going on a trip to California during Sydney's break from school, so we may wait until after all that is done.

Clothes... that's becoming a tricky thing. He's got a long trunk, but really short legs. Yet another thing he gets from my side, short legs. So he's in 18-24m tops or overalls, 12-18m pants but they have to be elastic cuffs. Without that, way too long if 18m. Still wearing the same tennis shoes I got him in October. He's got little feet, but I'll be getting him a size 5 this weekend. Thinking it also might be time to go another diaper size - he's got a Buddha belly to accommodate. Teeth - 11 and counting. 3 of the 4 molars have arrived with no major issue. I'm curious to see where he's at when he goes for his 15m check-up in a few weeks.

Loves jumping on the trampoline at the neighbors house, running down the driveway, climbing all over the sofa, sitting on/in his toy boxes, playing with Sydney's computer, running like a wild child around the house, standing on any and everything he possibly can, climbing out of the bathtub, tormenting his sister and giving big, wet, messy kisses. He's awesome...

2 comments:

Shelley said...

He is just awesome, to use your words. I know I have said this before but when I look at pictures of him I laugh because I know he is about to do something else adventurous. He has been really chatty for a long time.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Would that be our trampoline? He should come over with ney-ney next time.