Friday, June 6, 2008

Two for the Kids

My daddy is a policeman, he wears a suit of blue;
he didn't come home from work last night,
mommy says he's in heaven with you.

I'm worried about my daddy Lord,
he's never been away this long before;
mommy cried when she told me we
that wouldn't see daddy no more.

I don't know what it was
that mommy was trying to explain;
she said the police were after a bad man,
and somehow my daddy was slain.

Now I don't know what that means Lord,
all I know is we miss daddy a lot;
because tomorrow is my birthday,
and I sure hope he hasn't forgot.

Lord if my daddy is up there in heaven,
please tell him as soon as he is free;
to hurry back home as fast as he can,
because we miss him, mommy and me.

Thank you God, Amen


That man in blue,
The hero to those in need,
The enemy to those who were doing wrong.
You were the one to call when things were bad,
You were a wonderful Son, Husband, Father, Friend.
You were always there when someone needed you.
The strong one in times of trouble
The shoulder that you could cry on
The one that you could count on.
You were someone special to everyone,
And every life you touched.

But to me...
You were Just Daddy!




No comments: