Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Far Exceeds Typical"

That's what Dr. Auerbach said when he saw Ryan going all over the exam table today. I almost had to put him on the floor - he was trying to climb in his carseat, pull the BP machine off the wall, constantly flipping himself over, crumbling the table paper... just wild! He's doing "exceptionally" well in everything. He was very pleased at how well Ryan can sit, crawl, pull himself up, etc. He's weighing in at 19 pounds 2 ounces (75%), 27 3/4" long (90%) and his head is 44cm (50%). Sydney didn't much like the idea of him getting more shots today, but like always, he took them like a champ! He can now have 2-3 meals a day, still adding one new food a week. So far he's had rice & oatmeal cereals, green beans, squash, pears and bananas. I've been giving him cereal around 9:30 and his veggie/fruit around 5:30pm. Next on the menu tonight I think will be carrots. He still wakes up a few times a night for whatever reason, but I've been trying get him back to sleep without feeding him. That seems to be working OK. Last night I finally had to get him up to feed him around 4:30 for a bottle - it had been over 8 hours since he had one. He was up a few times before that, but managed to get himself back to sleep on his own. Wahoo... He may make his first pool appearance tomorrow or over the weekend. It's been so hot here that our friends pool is in the high 80's or low 90's - all well over the recommended 85 degrees. We'll see...
On a side note - I had his pictures taken today! So many great poses... nearly 30 in all! I'll post my favorites as soon as I get them via email.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Great job, big guy!

Shelley said...

Glad he is doing so well. Sydney will have to be pretty quick to run away from him soon. I couldn't believe she was able to hold him (for whatever amount of time she did) in the bjorn. He is going to weigh as much as she does before you know it.