Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hey, Hey... I will Survive

Last night was our first Girl Scout meeting. It went, surprisingly, very well. All FOUR girls were there. I was down one because of the flu. My group has five extremely different little girls, one of whom lives in my house. We got in our "Friendship Circle" and started... pledge of allegiance, GS (Girl Scout) Promise, sang our song and went over the rules. We talked about all the things the girls would be doing, what to expect. They made paper dolls that resembled themselves in their Daisy uniform. We had our snacks outside, cleaned-up, got in our circle again, sang our song again, went home. That was the strangest 1.5 hours. I didn't know how it would go, but overall - great! I know where I need to focus my attention and how I'll need to "teach" them things. Should be a good 13 more meetings.

No comments: