Saturday, November 29, 2008

From T-day

Just a few pics...

Before it took it's 350 degree oil bath~

After it came out of it's 350 degree oil bath..... GORGEOUS!

My favorite guys... how can you not just love them both! And yes, drinking beer while deep frying a 12 pound turkey is a must, regardless the time of day.

She made her "turkey" at school on Wednesday. Tim is always so good with the kids.

I NEVER use my "good stuff" expect for Thanksgiving. And since Mom was nice and got me the rest of my Waterford stems, I was finally able to set a "formal" (to a certain degree) table. On the menu: turkey & gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rice dressing, stuffing, sweet potatoes, baked macs & cheese and rolls! Dessert: pumpkin & pecan pies and the best French silk pie! Soooooooo good.....

Everyone ate well, except Sydney. "Just a roll please"... that was until she saw dessert, then asked for turkey! Ryan ate everything except the sweet potatoes - didn't have any on my plate. John crashed on the sofa and Tim crashed in our room. Rick clean up the kitchen and washed all the china & stems... LOVE him for that! Overall - it was a great day with some great company!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

You sure fed everyone well and the table looked beautiful. Wow, that was a great fried turkey. Rick sure knows what he's doing with that. Glad Tim and John got their naps in.