Sunday, July 20, 2008

Love 'em, Hate 'em

GD Monsoons.....
Don't get me wrong, I love storms! I love all the stuff that goes along with storms (rain, wind, lightening, thunder) - love it all. I love when we get a good rain, but I could have been spared last night .
I swear the rain we got last night was the worst one in a long time. Forget the hours, literally, of horrible lightening and thunder that kept Sydney awake until after 10:30, but the RAIN!!! Damn, there was a lot of rain. And on top of it all, yeap, the power kept going off & on for about 30 minutes. I hate the sounds of stuff coming back to life all at once!
I got up early for some bizarre reason to find a small pond in our backyard by her swing set. Both of the drains that bring the water from the backyard/wall of rocks to the road were flowing like little streams. Part of the front yard was washed into the road, part of our side yard was washed into the neighbor's. I cleaned out gobs of rocks and debris from the drain and the pond went down only a little in an hour.
I'm sure Rick had an exceptionally interesting night at work - flooding streets, stupid drivers, down power lines, flowing washes - all on top of the already crazy streets of East Tucson. I can only guess how he'll have to navigate around the rocks, boulders, mud & water sitting on the streets during his way back to us.
The only good thing to come of all this rain - weeds come out extra easy & we have A LOT of weeds right now.

2 comments:

Rick Radinsky said...

5+ inches of rain to be exact. That's about half our normal for the year.

Shelley said...

I can't even phathom that much. Yikes!