Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 16: A song that makes you cry (or nearly)

Finally one that is easy!  Church songs...

The Lord's Prayer, On Eagle's Wings or Ave Maria, when done RIGHT, will, and on several occasions has, bring me to tears.  I remember at my cousin Tammie's wedding tearing up when The Lord's Prayer was sung - my mom thought something was wrong.  The woman singing sounded like an angel - I know it sounds corny, but man, it was so beautiful tears just flowed.  I had my friends sing at our wedding and had them sing Ave Maria at the church just so I'd be able to really hear it.  They did a magnificent job and I cried.

Defying Gravity got me too when we saw Wicked.  It was powerful - lyrics & emotion smashed together with a great performer.  Awesome.  I was so captivated by that one song I came home and YouTube Idina Menzel's version and listened to it over and over again.

I think there would be more if I took the time to really listen to some songs.

No comments: