Friday, January 9, 2009

What's the going rate???

On my way home from the hospital (I'm a RN, for those that didn't know), Rick told me some wonderful news from the home front. Sydney has a loose tooth!!!!!! He said that at some point during the day, she told him that her tooth felt funny. When he asked which one - WAHOO... it was moving. She still has many days before it falls out, but she is over-the-moon excited. To the garage I will go to find my "Tooth Fairy" pillow for her to use. It's a small white pillow with lace edge and a tiny little pocket on the front. She can put her teeth in it, just like I put all of mine, for the Tooth Fairy to find.

My question is: What's the going rate on teeth these days??? I remember getting a quarter or at most $1. What has inflation brought the price to now???

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Can't help you with that one but $5sounds like a good number. At least she can buy something after she loses about 3 or 4 teeth.

Earl and Deb said...

I used to "paint" quarters with sparkly nail polish, and my parents would send the kids money, and they liked the painted "fairy money" waaaaaay better than that paper stuff. It was so magical and was super special to them.

Anonymous said...

The Tooth Fairy has been leaving $5 for each tooth Marissa loses.

Cherie said...

I gave my kids $5, but that glittery idea seems super cute!