Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lucky 13

I didn't realize that Ryan turned 13 months today until I got the email from BabyCenter. It's not that I don't when he turns a certain age, but I have worked in 3 weeks and my brain is on autopilot. I hardly knew today was Saturday, let alone the 3rd. Anyway....

What he's doing now...
  • Wearing size 5 diapers
  • Wearing size 4 shoe, still
  • Wearing 12-18m clothes
  • Goes to sleep at 7:30 and wakes up anytime after 6
  • Finally started whole milk, but we are slowing adding it - we didn't have much luck the first try the week of Christmas
  • Faces forward in his carseat & loves it
  • Has really stopped liking "baby food"
  • Almost has running down. He's at the extremely fast walk now.
  • Says "up", "hi", "mama", "dada", "nite nite" "nana" and some other stuff
  • Can tell you where his nose & mouth are. Sometimes will do eyes.
  • Likes to throw things, especially food
  • When told it's "Time to go Nite Nite with Doggie", he sometimes walks to his room and waits by the crib for you to put him in
  • Takes a nap every morning around 9:30, sometimes lasting 2 hours. Afternoon naps - ever so often
  • Can get his foot up on the tub. I guess he'll start climbing in there by himself before too long!
  • Can drink from a sippy cup that has a straw in it! Gotta get more of them...
  • Really likes to eat: string cheese, yogart, icecream, eggs, turkey or ham, potatoes (any type), bananas, broccoli, anything I'm eating
  • Is finally leaving electrical cords alone & the nightlights
  • Can open any door - yes, a door. Not cabinet, door! We had to put a lock on the pantry the other day.
  • Has 9 teeth. It feels like his other 3 molars are on their way though... poor kid.
  • Still likes to chew on everything
  • Doesn't sit down long enough for a book to be read to him, but likes looking at them when it fancies him.
  • Will, for the most part, listen to me when I ask him not to touch things or to sit down. He will hand me something if I ask for it.
He's a riot... he physically can do just about anything he puts his mind too. His verbalization has been picking up dramatically over the last few weeks. Will have to really start focusing on that. HA...

More to come later!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I just never know what you are going to say he has accomplished/tried or is trying to do. He is certainly a character and sure keeps us laughing. I wish I could get my hands on him right now for hugs and kisses. I've been saving them up, so he better watch out next time I come there.