Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Moon

After hours of running around town yesterday, on our way home, Rick pointed out how ginormous the moon was. It was dusk and it was already big and bright. It sat very low in the sky - Sydney thought it we kept driving toward it she would be able to touch it. She's always loved looking at the moon and it's possible she may still think it's made of cheese, thanks to her father. Anyway... as we were getting closer to the neighborhood she asked that I go and take some pictures of the moon for her. Of course I said yes. I've been wanting to try shooting the moon for some time now. I told her I would after she & Ryan went to bed. She said "That is a big moon - you gotta take a picture of it!". As we turned into the neighborhood she asked this question - "Is ass a bad word?" We were a little confused, but answered "It depends, but in most cases, yes and you shouldn't be saying it. Why do you ask?". She then laid this one on us - "Well, I was gonna say "That's a big ass moon" but I didn't think I should say ass." Silence fell upon us both... then hysterical laughter. The way she said that one little sentence was sooooooo awesome. It was priceless. I laughed so hard and cried. It was great!!! She's a funny kid, that little Sydney Paige.

7 comments:

Brian said...

That's awesome!! Made my night. My bad ass little niece.

Amy Anderson said...

That's hilarious! Beautiful pic of the moon!

Cherie said...

The moon sure was awesome last night. And LOL about "ass".

Anonymous said...

It was even "bad ass" in Texas
Lawrence

Heather said...

That is soooo funny!!

Shelley said...

You can always depend on Sydney to come up with something you wouldn't expect. She is so funny. I am sitting here laughing.

Shelley said...

Forgot to mention what a fantastic picture of the moon you took.