Saturday, October 18, 2008

Apple Annie's


Finally walking around & kettle corn


her pumpkin - see how little it is, but she loves it!


Today we went to the pumpkin patch. Got there around 10:30 and headed straight to the produce area. I needed more things for my fall display in the front yard and they usually have some nice gourds and things like that. Much to my excitement, they had gorgeous corns too. Stupid me, I forgot to take pictures of them today, but will and will get them posted tomorrow. They look fake they are so colorful and shiny. On top of my six ears of corn, we got a half dozen gourds, 4 sunflowers and a few mini pumpkins. Rick also got himself of apple butter. He told me about all the times he could remember Amy eating cottage cheese and this stuff. Personally, it look disgusting, but he said it is delicious, so I will give it a shot at some point. The kids had a great time. Ryan loved being in all the dirt and dead leaves. We had a short-of freeze last week, so all the stems and leaves on the pumpkins were all dead and ugly. They did, however, make for a great crunchy sound as we walked around. Sydney made sure we had good picks. She searched, and searched, and searched even more for the right one for herself. She ended up with a grapefruit sized, solid green keeper. It was cute... After doing all the pumpkin stuff, Rick and Sydney got their bags of caramel kettle corn and I got a few more pictures. As we headed back to the car, we stopped and cut down our sunflowers. It was a great adventure and I look forward to next year!!!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

The size of the bags of kettle corn Rick and Sydney get are so funny....they are huge. I first tasted kettle corn at the pumpkin farm you took me to a few years back and now Orville Reddenbacher makes 100 calorie bags of it for the microwave and they are pretty good. I love the sweet, salty taste. Very cute pictures.

Amy Anderson said...

I love me some apple butter. It's also really good on toast with butter. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

the look of happiness and the tales of your fun are really nice. I aways look forward to your entries.