Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 1: Song

Hmmm... this is a really hard one. Honestly, I don't think there is just one out there. With all the great stuff out, who can honestly say "______ is my all time favorite song" or "_____ is the best song ever recorded"?

However, with that said, I have favorites in many genre. You know, the ones that evoke that emotion or memory every single time you hear it. Those are my favorites...
  • I've, literally, been moved to tears by The Lord's Prayer and Ave Maria
  • I like just about anything from the 80's (who doesn't, right)
  • Pearl Jam's "Ten" CD. Evenflow is my fav.
  • Journey - Greatest Hits CD is the BEST, for obvious reasons
  • Sound of Music, King & I and Moulin Rouge soundtracks
  • All Andrew Lloyd Webber stuff - Phantom, Cats, Evita are on the top
  • Anything by John Rutter. Had the pleasure of singing Requiem & Magnificat in high school and they still put me in the best mental place possible. My choir director thought it beneath us to sing anything other than college level stuff. We even did the full Messiah a few times... talk about a long performance. She helped open my eyes to "beautiful music".
  • George Strait, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, Faith Hill
  • I like Pink, Melissa Etheridge
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Big Hair Bands from the late 80's- early 90's
  • The Motown Sound - Temptations, Commodores, etc.
  • Pat Benatar is a powerhouse
  • Impressed with Ms. Taylor Swift
  • Rick will kill me for this one, but Barbra Streisand... wow...
  • I think singer/songwriters like the BeeGees, Dolly Parton, Carole King are genius
  • John Williams - the man scores the BEST movies. How can you not think of Jaws without "dun num, dun num"....?
  • Anything with a driving bass line or drum beat. Strong, diverse and powerful vocals
This could just go on and on... I guess I should have said what I don't like, that would have been so much easier!
  • Rap... some I can handle
  • What's "in" right now on the Pop stage
  • Punk
  • HEAVY metal
See. That was much easier. I love music - it's fantastic!

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

we definitely have a lot of music tastes in common. Journey and John Williams are some of my favorite.